Monday, July 9, 2012

True Love

What is true love?

I think true love is the deep affection I have fore my boy. I miss little man when he is down for a nap- not to mention when I was away on my trip. He may drive me nuts when he starts whining, but even then I just want to make him happy and I am more frustrated with myself for not speaking 17 month old whine. I thank God we taught him sign language, because there are times when I would have NEVER of figured out what he needed. About a month ago he woke up screaming in the middle of the night. This is something that very rarely happens. The hubby and I both go into his room thinking he might have his leg stuck or something. And he is double fisting the sign for milk.  Both little hands were going about 100 miles an hour. I was able to get him a sippy cup of milk. He drank it, and went back to sleep. I can not say that my 2 am brain would have thought to go get him something to drink. I probably would have changed his diaper, then when that did not work, would have held him in the rocking chair. He may have calmed down, but I doubt he would have gone back to sleep.


I know every parent thinks their child is a genius. But this kid is definitely intelligent. We keep a box of cheerios in the family room to provide him a little snack when he needs it. The other day he kept trying to take my blanket off the couch (a favorite game of his.) He gave up and went digging in his toy box for a minute. A few minutes later he came up to me making the sign for please- and then then said Cher Cher which we have figured out is Cheerios. I get up, get teh cheerios, and place a handful on his little table. About that time, I look up and the little stinker has stolen my blanket, laughing hysterically, and running across the room with it. One can't help but think he did it on purpose...

I love the way he babbles in his crib or in the back seat. I love that the only word he really says is shoes. I love the way he runs and hugs me with full force. It is enough to knock me unbalanced. I love the crooked smile he has, he got it from me, and I got it from my dad.

1 comment: