Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Many Hats

So one of my many hats is as a photographer.

It is definitely a hobby- where occasionally people pay me.

I think I am pretty good, I have pretty strong creative side. For a long time it was expressed through scrapbooking. But honestly, just getting prepared to scrapbook is very time consuming. I have collected a large amount of scrapbook stuff, and if I am going to work on pages, I am going to take it ALL out. When you have a 14 month old, you really can't drag out all that stuff for very long.

Photography is a whole different medium. (AND it is a whole lot neater.)
I really love it because it is a great reason to get out of the house and interact with different people. I definitely have my dad's personality and people skills. I like getting out there. Don't get me wrong, I love my co-workers, but new people are good too.

It is completely exhausting. In every way. Weddings are all day affairs. I recently was a 2nd on a wedding and did not even do the morning or deep into the reception, and I slept for 13 hrs that night. Being preggers did not help much. The other weddings I have done were much longer and just as exhausting. But oh the end result.

I am always soooooo excited to throw my disks in the computer, and see what I have. Even part time on this last wedding, I took over 1,000 pictures. In my first pass, I deleted about 400 of them. I am down to about 350. Which is reasonable in my opinion. On a wedding with 1000 pictures. I will spend about 10 hrs editing.

The whole process is a creative challenge to me, and I love it.

It seems that with photography is it is feast or famine. I have gone 3 months without a single thing to take pictures of, then I will have every weekend booked. I am in a feast period. and exhausted. Good thing it is spring break.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're a whole lot better than pretty good, you're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete