Thursday, October 25, 2012

Contradiction

So my last post was all about, I need something new, teaching is wearing me out, blah blah blah.

Then someone said something that unintentionally pissed me off. They insulted my job with out meaning too. They said something along the lines of "oh, you are a teacher? You don't get paid enough and all those Kia in one room, gah." I felt very defensive in that moment. It is like: you can talk bad about your siblings, but no one else can. Except I am an only child
Anyway, it really irked me, and made me realize that I really do like my job, I really do love my kids, and I rally don't want to go anywhere else. Not that I have the guts to leave my job and go else where anyway- I can be a big talker, I suppose.
So if you ready last blog, then the very next day saw my fb update and thought I was a little bipolar. It is ok, because I am.

I am here at a social studies conference getting amped about teaching in new ways. Sometimes we just need to be energized and renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment