Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Quiet time

I find myself seeking out quiet moments.

I haven't ever NEEDED quiet times.

I don't know if it is the chaos of 2 boys under 3.
I don't know if it is the obscenely stressful teaching year I have had.
I don't know if is the uber connected-ness of social media.

I walked the dogs out yesterday and sat down near the end of the driveway. The hubby poked his head out the front of the door, laughed, and asked what in the world I was doing.

I didn't have a good answer. I mean, I know what I was doing, but I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to admit that I wanted to be away.

Just figured that out...

I feel bad that I want some time, but I shouldn't.

but I do.

So I'll tell you what I'll do. I will continue to take my moments, but now that summer is here, I will get an extended version during nap time. I'll get some moments while they play in the pool.

I'll go for walks in the evening (with bug spray of course.)

Until Baby Boy decides to sleep past 5:30 am, I won't be getting up before him for that time.. nope.
Sleep is higher up on the Mommy-has-needs chain than "quiet moments."

Some things don't change I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment