Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hiding in plain sight

So we have groceries to be put away and cleaning to be done. I gave the hubby the option to clean up or sit with the boys. He chose the boys. So with my task before me, I opened the from door for some fresh air. I Looked outside, and realized that I have not sat in the sun in forever. So, I slipped out the front door picked a sun beam, and here I sit. I have had an incredibly stressful 2 or 3 weeks. That's how stressful it has been, i can't even remember when it started. It was before conference week.
I know that much because I had to tell a parent at conferences that their kid had been in ISS for 2 days. Long story short. Kid stabbed other kid with pen. ISS ensues, parents don't return phone calls, I tell dad at conference. Dad says nothing. Blank stare nothing. So I ask "so, what do you think?" His response "I don't know what to think."
That's it.
The kid, the next day, is telling me that he is getting the hobbit on DVD with Lego men to match.
Way to reward your kid for stabbing, lying and getting into ISS.
F this.
This year sucks and I am ready to be done.
I have never felt this way before.
I am starting to resent these kids and it is not fair to the 22 who behave and are sweet that 5 butt heads are ruining their year.
The shadows of the yard are encroaching on my sun beam. Time to book it inside and what I planned to do originally.

Music will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment