Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I just peed myself

Truly- honestly- I just did.
I knew this day would come.
I was just in denial.
But there I was tutoring 8 students and I coughed.
I had been coughing all day- but this was a special cough.
A special cough that taught me what so many mothers already know.
What did I learn? Kegels are no joke- do them.
More often- with meaning!
Insult to injury- after I walked my kids halfway to Egypt to be picked up.
I had a meeting with my last conference-
We smiled, we laughed, we talked about how great their kid is,
I thought about the cough.

I did not intend for this to end up in prose- but I think it works.

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo! It's the worst!

    I thought, as I was reading this, that you were going to say that you started doing Kegels during your last conference.

    ReplyDelete