Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New York, New York

New York City, uh huh
Center of the universe,
sing it girl  
Times are shitty But I'm pretty sure they can't get worse, I hear that.

Give my regards to Broadway
Remember me to Herald Square
Tell all the gang at Forty-Second Street
That I will soon be there


Loving one who loves you,
And then taking that vow...
Nice work if you can get it,
And if you get it --
Won't you tell me how 

 
I was in New York last week. It was an amazing time! I was up there to study the gilded age, immigration, and industrial revolution. We had lectures from some of the best professors at Harvard and Yale. And one guy from the iron works who nearly put us all to sleep with a lecture, on a bus, in the rain, talking about obscure boats that were built a long time ago, before the place nearly shut down. 

We had LOTS of good food and even better company.

I was famous on Good Morning America. Totally.  Josh Elliot totally hugged me. That. Really. Happened.
We were show stoppers on Broadway. No really we stopped the show and made the company laugh. Mathew Broderic looked right at us. We laughed at a joke about the south- really loudly- and clapped- an whooped. and Matthew Broderic stopped- looked at us and then couldn't get his line back. While the rest of the cast proceeded to crack up. It took him nearly a minute to get to the second part of the joke. We. Were. Show. Stoppers.
 
I am the master of the subway. As long as it is the 1 line. 
 
I saw people act like New Yorkers and felt like a cultural anthropologist. 

I felt cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment